How to Become a Member
The DCANP membership consists of licensed Naturopathic physicians, Naturopathic medical students, other health practitioners, members of the public, businesses and organizations who wish to forward the Naturopathic medical profession in the District of Columbia.
Regular members are Naturopathic physicians who graduated from an accredited Naturopathic medical program recognized by the Council on Naturopathic Medical Education (CNME) who hold an active license to practice Naturopathic medicine in The District of Columbia. Regular Members must either be practicing naturopathic medicine in the District of Columbia or reside in the District of Columbia. Only Regular Members shall vote.
Individual benefits to Regular members include a personal profile on DCANP.org, telephone referrals from the DCANP office, and voting rights.
Associate members include 3 types of healthcare practitioner.
- A Naturopathic physician who graduated from an accredited naturopathic medical college, recognized by the CNME, who holds an active Naturopathic medical license, and who is not practicing in The District of Columbia.
- A licensed health care Regular who does not claim the title naturopath, naturopathic medical doctor (NMD), naturopathic doctor (ND) or naturopathic physician. (Includes: MD, DO, Psy.D, RN, DC, LMT, LAc, etc.)
- Any retired licensed healthcare practitioner.
Student members are currently enrolled at Naturopathic medical colleges accredited by or with accreditation candidacy by CNME.
Supporting members are members of the public (non-healthcare practitioners), organizations and corporations who wish to support the DCANP.
- Regular Member, Licensed for three years or greater: $150/year
- Regular Member, Licensed for two years: $100/year
- Regular Member, First year post licensure: $75/year
- Associate member: $75/year
- Student member: $25 one time fee
- Supporting member: Donation
How to Join DCANP
To become a member of the DCANP, please contact us by clicking here. You will receive further information regarding the application process. Once the completed application form, required documents, and check for membership dues is submitted, you will be notified by the DCANP treasurer within one month of receipt of your completed application.